Monday, September 9, 2013

Adding Trapunto Alternate Blocks

      I decided to add alternate trapunto blocks to the scrappy 16 patch blocks.  I used a blue marking pen and light box to trace the chosen design onto the fabric blocks.  Then I added high loft poly batting and water soluble thread to stitch on the lines.


Next, I carefully trimmed away the excess batting.  I laid out the blocks in an on-point design and sewed the rows together.  When I started the construction, I realized the problem I had created for myself.  By marking with the blue pen and using polyester batting, I had to be very careful in pressing the seams because if heated, the blue marks would become permanent and the polyester batting would melt. The center panel is constructed and I hope I have avoided the problem. 


I am excited to work on this quilt.  I have been wanting to add trapunto blocks on a quilt for sometime. 



No comments:

Post a Comment