Friday, August 23, 2013

Time for Quilting

   My house is quiet and getting back to normal without construction workers so I have more time for quilting.  I used the walking foot to stitch-in-the-ditch all the seams to stabilize my "Pina Colada" quilt.  I have been re-watching portions of Cindy Needham's  Craftsy class on elegant free-motion quilting.  I really want to try some designs out and I think this will be a good quilt to use.

In September I will be teaching a free-motion quilting class at Midlands Tech.  I have pieced 3 more doll quilt tops that can be used for practice or design samples.  They could also be finished for placemats since the size is about the same. I have so many scraps already cut to simple units I can easily piece several more but so not to get bored I need to use a different unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment