Tuesday, June 18, 2013

My Own Twister Block

   After my guild potluck picnic lunch, about a dozen ladies stayed for Lari’s After-after on the twister block technique without having to purchase the templates.  Lari shared how the new angles are the perpendicular intersecting lines rotated by 60 degrees before cutting.  You can make your own template for any size.
I came home and finished my example. Lari told us to piece a 4 patch of 2 lights and 2 darks then add a simple border. Here is how mine started.  

  It was a simple project.  There was some waste but I can use my scraps in a crumb project.  One other concern is all the bias edges.  If I do this again, I think I will spray starch the fabric ahead of time so as to give a little more stability.
Here is my finished top. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment