Friday, May 3, 2013

Grape Leaf Trapunto Finished


    I have been studying Cindy Needham’s Craftsy class “Design It, Quilt It: Free-form Techniques”, because on my wish list of quilts to make is a whole cloth quilt.  I considered using the grape leaf class sample as a practice cloth for some of her free-motion background quilting. I decided that would not be appropriate for students I might have so chose to do simple echoing and stippling.   
My second class sample with grape leaves is finished.



     It has been cool and damp most of the day so I did not want to spend the afternoon working in the yard, although my yard needs some attention.  I pulled out the bargello WIP.  About a month ago I had pieced the columns and started sewing them together in quilt-as-you-go.  I quickly knew this was NOT the technique for me but I have to finish with this method.  I sandwiched the backing and batting.  Then I marked the center and started adding columns from the center out sewing through all the layers.


Finally all the columns are sewn together and it is ready for a border. Maybe that will get done tomorrow. I am VERY happy that this one is almost done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment