Monday, May 27, 2013

Fun at NC Quilt Symposium


    My sister and I had a great time at the NC Quilt Symposium in Fayetteville, NC this past weekend.  We enjoyed and learned a lot in the 2 classes we took.  Our Friday class was from Judith Montano to learn embellishment stitches that can be used on crazy quilts or simply to embellish.  Here my sister is working on her piece. 
 


Here is my first piece. It still needs a lot added.  This is just the beginning.



     Our Saturday class was from Annette Ornales on peeled back folded inserts to create the look of pieced curves.  Her pattern is called “Carolina Dogwoods” and here she is standing in front of her quilt. 


Here is a close up of one blossom.


You can see more of her lovely and cute patterns on her website at www.southwindquilts.com/

Instead of using a dark background I chose a light background to go with a floral border fabric.   For class we pieced 3 flowers and 5 leaves to make a wall-hanging but the pattern has 2 other sizes.  I would like to make a larger quilt similar to Annette’s sample.  Here is one flower and a couple of leaves I made in class.  



Hopefully tomorrow I will get around to showing some of the wonderful quilts from the show at symposium.


No comments:

Post a Comment