Friday, March 29, 2013

Quilt Backings

     I have several quilt tops waiting to be quilted.  Today I pieced two backs.  One that will be a gift, I had purchased 2 - 4 yd. pieces so that was easy to sew together and is ready to be sandwiched.  I don't have a place at home to sandwich a full size quilt top so I usually use my church fellowship hall.  The heart quilt top also needed a backing.  I did not have a large enough piece of one fabric to use; and instead of buying more fabric, I really wanted to use what I have.  I searched my stash.and chose steel blue shade pieces.  I came up with about 5 yards.  I bought one more and pieced this back.  It did take longer to piece than the first backing, but I feel good that I used my stash and only bought 1 new yd of fabric.


No comments:

Post a Comment