Sunday, January 20, 2013

Weekend Sewing

      My baby sister was here this weekend to visit with Mother so I spent a little more time sewing.  I added a couple of simple borders to the scrappy colored squares so it is a little larger and will finish 53 by 65".  I added a blue outer border thinking that it could go to a boy or girl.


     The other project I worked on I have been calling a UFO; however, that is not accurate.  Five years ago I made a quilt and had 19 pinwheel blocks leftover so they are really "orphan" blocks.  I don't remember why they were leftover.  Maybe I had to remake them for some reason.  I worked in EQ and came up with a plan to use them.  I did have to make one more pinwheel.  Here it is on my design wall tonight.


It has been good because I am making square in a square blocks which I have not done much of, and I am using my new Easy Angle and Companion Angle Rulers (recommended by Bonnie Hunter) to make the flying geese units instead of flip and sew squares on a rectangle. This way there is no waste.


No comments:

Post a Comment