Thursday, January 17, 2013

Just a Little Sewing- - -But Fun

     Tuesday for guild meeting we had Deb Karasik with a trunk show.  It was very enjoyable and inspiring.  I have had her book Quilt Mavens for a few years but had not tried one of her patterns.  I recently bought her book Quilts with Attitude which includes the pattern for the quilt she taught Wednesday for a workshop held at local shop Pieces and Patches. The workshop was enjoyable.  I did lots of prep cutting and a little paper-piecing.  I learned some valuable tips for paper-piecing and piecing curves.

This is the only piece I actually sewed in the workshop.   I love it.  I look forward to getting more done soon.

  Last night to relax I pulled out scrap block rows and finished sewing them together.  It is presently 42" by 54" so I may add a border.

No comments:

Post a Comment