Saturday, November 10, 2012

More Fabric

  This weekend is the Veteran's Day Sale at my local fabric stores.  I made a New Years Resolution to only buy fabric I needed for a specific project.  I have been doing REALLY well until Thursday.  Thursday was the first day of the sale and I visited JoAnn Fabrics.  They had their clearance fabric 50% off plus I get an extra 10% off with my VIP card.  I came home with 48 yards of good quilting cotton fabric.  Most will go for my church group.  Several pieces are 6 or 7 yards so they will be good for a quilt back.  I have spent many hours the past few days washing and ironing.  I still have about 14 yards to iron.

    Yesterday and today we had beautiful weather so I had to take some time to work in my yard.  In the photo you can see where I stopped mowing so that I could rake pine straw instead of letting the mower bag it with the grass.

     There are many quilt groups collecting for Sandy relief.  Here is a good one. I hope you can help in some way.  I plan to.
Sandy Quilt Block Drive

No comments:

Post a Comment