Monday, September 17, 2012

Weekend Quilt Show


    I spent the weekend helping at my sister’s quilt guild show in West Jefferson, NC.  It was a great show and interesting seeing a little about how they put it on and the work involved.  The Best of Show was a large bed appliquéd quilt.  It was appliquéd with hand blanket stitch and long arm machine quilted with at least 2 bright colors of thread.

This quilt won first place in large bed pieced.

This quilt won second place in large bed pieced.

I entered 3 quilts. In pieced lap / crib quilts my 3D quilt won first place.

In pieced wall hangings this paper-pieced quilt won first place.

My watercolor quilt with 3D sunflowers won second place.

   In the next few days I will share photos I took of quilts in other categories including sister Irene's ribbons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment