Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Mix of Activities


      Where has the week gone?  I have been busy with all kinds of things.  Last Thursday was the first meeting of my Beginner 2 Block Quilt Class at Midlands Tech.  I have 3 students and hope to have some photos to share this coming Thursday.  Working around some sewing I managed to get some garden/yard work done.   As usual for the 4th week of the month Quilt Mavens Bee met Monday evening hosted by Bonney. Tuesday morning was Comfort Quilt Sew Day for guild.  I sewed mostly on the strip rows from Kathy. 
       Wednesday was church comfort quilt sew day. Beverley brought her finished quilt for the VA Hospice Unit. 

 I helped some others with their projects and sewed some on my own string project.  When I arrived home there were at least 6 butterflies enjoying my lantana bush by the front walk.

      I spent one afternoon this week making 4 quilted postcards.  I used only scraps from my box of fabric that already has fusible web on it.  On one I used organza ribbon around the edge and satin ribbon on the other 3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment