Monday, August 20, 2012

Mystery Top Together


   Wow!  For a long time I have wanted a blue and white quilt so now I almost do.  I feel great having sewn the last strip of HSTs together and the whole Day Bee mystery top together.   Some how I miscounted and had to sew about a dozen more HSTs today to have enough to finish the border.  I knew from the beginning that the design had a lot of pieces.  I’m glad I challenged myself and tackled this project, but I am also very glad the top is complete.  I do like the rectangular shape better than the original square.  It currently measures 48 by 70”. 

 The outer HST border needs a stabling strip before quilting so I may add a light and then dark plain border.  All the piecing should be the star and not the quilting so the quilting design should be simple.  I will have to give that more thought.   I’m just glad the top is done.

1 comment: