Friday, August 10, 2012

Crumbs and Free-Motion Quilting


     I arrived home today from a short visit in the mountains with my sister and her husband.  I enjoyed visiting her guild again.  Months back I led a crumb piecing party for the guild and I got to see a couple of crumb quilts that have been made since.  Many ladies donated blocks they made at the crumb party and Irene put them together.  Another member added the border and a member quilted it.  They plan to have it for sale at their fall quilt show.  I love how Irene used scrappy sashing to join the crumb blocks.  

     My sister was also finishing the free-motion quilting on a large quilt for her guild show.  She usually does not quilt large quilts.  She has done a great job on this one.  I love all the variety in the quilting.  I hope you can see some of the different motifs. 



 
Her guild is Ashe County Piecemakers Quilt Guild.  Check out what will be going on at their show.  You can still enter a quilt.    http://www.ashequilters.org/2012-quilt-fair-information.html 

It should be a pretty time of year to visit the mountains and take in the quilt show. 
Friday, September 14th: 10 AM to 6 PM  Saturday, September 15th:  10 AM to 4 PM

Location: Jefferson Station,  20 East Ashe Street,  West Jefferson, NC

No comments:

Post a Comment