Sunday, July 8, 2012

Floral Pinwheel Top Finished


     I am excited to say that the final borders are all on the floral pinwheel top.  It measures 103” square.  Because of its size, I can only lay it out at home folded in half so here it is.  

I have not yet found a backing I want but think I may have to piece the backing.  I also plan to talk with a longarm quilter.  I have quilted several queen size quilts on my home machine, but I don’t think I want to tackle one this large.  A friend kindly offered her longarm machine for my use; however, I have never used it before and don’t want to wait for practice time.  I want the appliqué border custom quilted to echo the appliqué and then perhaps quilt the outline of the leaf and vine in the open white area.  I am very happy with the top and can’t wait to see it after it is quilted. 

2 comments:

  1. That is a wonderful quilt...how long did it take you to make??? It is soooooooooooo pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I started piecing the pinwheel blocks on March 3rd and I have taken time to also work on several other projects along the way. I am anxious to have it quilted.

      Delete