Monday, April 9, 2012

Creative Setting and Half-step Bargello

       Sunday afternoon I was not in the mood to tackle sewing 44 HSTs together for each Mystery Quilt block border and I need to decide border options before I make more floral pinwheel blocks so I pulled out some UFO pieces from my box of guild charity projects.  I have had the dinosaur musician pieces for at least a year.  Sometimes I enjoy the challenge of piecing a creative setting for blocks.  This morning I added the second border to finish the small quilt top.  This is what I came up with.



 I still have 3 of the dinosaur blocks for another small quilt for another day OR maybe someone else would like the challenge.

    I am planning to teach an easy half-step Bargello quilt at Midlands Tech spring 2013.  I love Bargello and half-step has NO matching of seams.  I pulled out fabric and cut strips to make the sample quilt.  I managed to piece the entire top today even with breaks to help a friend get his car to the mechanic and visit the nursing home to check on Mother so this should be a nice beginner small quilt.
                From strips ........

         To top ..........

No comments:

Post a Comment