Sunday, March 4, 2012

8 More Pinwheels


        The March winds were really blowing today so it was a good afternoon to stay in and sew.  It also reminded me that spring is getting close and I have a lot of yard work to do - maybe Monday.  Today I completed 8 more pinwheel blocks – 2 from each floral fabric. 

I love the florals and this is not a difficult block so I should get them made in a couple of weeks even though a king size quilt will take many blocks.  The slow part will be to appliqué the vine planned for a border, but I don’t need to worry about that today.  This quilt is being made from a reworked free design from McCall’s Quilting named “Summer at Mom’s” designed by Beth Hayes.  The leaflet directions are for a 56.5” by 72.5” quilt.  I am making it about 104” square with 9” pinwheels instead of 8”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment