Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Charity Sew Day


      Today was spent working on charity quilts at guild and at home.  It was the charity sew day for GCQ and I worked on scrappy blocks made of squares and rectangles.   In the cabinet I found a bag full of pieces already cut and some strips. I chose ones I liked together, counted out bunches that I would need and started chain piecing sets.  I got a lot of components pieced. The drawing shows how the pieces fit in a 12” block.  

 
I also collected a pile of scraps for crumb piecing.  For the the guild monthly challenge I chose the oxymoron "good garbage" and used crumbs of fabric. I like that name so much to describe crumbs that I now use it.  Today when someone had small scraps they were thinking of throwing away, they gave me their "good garbage".  

      When I came home I pulled out the charity quilt project I was working on last Wednesday for my church quilt group.  The pattern is called “the Woodpile” and is made from strip sets that are mostly browns.  I spent the afternoon working on those blocks and got a good many finished or mostly finished.  I am not sure what size this quilt should be.  



No comments:

Post a Comment