Monday, January 30, 2012

Working on Smaller Projects

     I have at least 3 bed size quilt tops (Lego quilt,  One block wonder with tree and Devine Mystery ) waiting to be quilted but I have not taken the time to sandwich one to start quilting.  Instead I have spent a little sewing time each day piecing on smaller projects like the Day Bee Mystery.  I have all my small stars made and I’m ready for the next step of putting together star units that have 5 together like the beginning you can  see in the left part of the photo.
 I’m looking forward to seeing how the rest will come together. 

       This afternoon I decided to work on the guild monthly challenge of creating an oxymoron block.  I found a great list on the web and picked out several that I liked.  I pulled out crumbs and sewed to create fabric.

Then I used it as the background fabric and pieced what I’m calling “Good Garbage”.  It was made totally from my scrap bin.  It made me think of the saying, "One man's trash is another man's treasure."  Here one woman's trash becomes another woman's quilt block.

No comments:

Post a Comment