Sunday, January 22, 2012

Stack ‘n Whack Cookies


    I am hosting my quilt group Monday evening and I want to serve Stack ‘n Whack cookies.   I saved the directions from the QSC newsletter a couple of years ago.   They were written for Pillsbury Slice and Bake cookies with a holiday design in the center.   Several have been discontinued and I could not find any in the store since it is between holidays so I bought plain sugar cookie dough and got CREATIVE.  I added cocoa to 1/4 of the dough and kneaded it in.  I added red food coloring paste to another 1/4 of the dough.  


 
I made 2 chocolate rolls and 4 red rolls, placed them on the white dough and rolled them all up together (sort of like making a cane with polymer clay).  I put the big roll of dough in the freezer to get very cold and make it easier to slice. 

I cut the whole roll lengthwise into quarters and used one quarter at a time.  4 slices placed in a circle form one cookie. 



I’m pleased with how they turned out.  Next time I try they will look even better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment