Before I set off to the fabric store to find a backing fabric for the one block tree quilt, I pulled out a guild charity kit and sewed blocks. When I went to look for backing, it was difficult to find something I liked that was a good price. I finally found one and also bought quilt thread for it. While the fabric was in the wash, I finished sewing the charity blocks. Here they are.
I took a break to check email and took a look at “The Quilt Show” newsletter. I am not a member but the newsletter had a link for a free show so I took time to watch it. In the first part Ricky Tims showed his art quilt made as part of a challenge. It had a tree with leaves that started me thinking about whether my tree could be improved by adding some leaves. I fused light weight Heat & Bond to the light purple and cut out a few leaf shapes to try out. I like them but I will have to play with placement and how many. I need to be careful not to have so many that they are the focus.