Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Quilt Sandwiched Plus Holiday Figure


     My sister and I made blocks for this quilt that will be a graduation present in December.  It is on my UFO list.  She put it together and added the border so I get to quilt it.  I pieced the back a couple of days ago and hoped I would get it sandwiched Monday.  I usually like to sandwich large quilts at church on the fellowship hall floor.  I could not do that the past few days or tomorrow so I moved my living room furniture and did it at home this evening.  It is so large I could not get a picture of the whole thing not standing on a ladder. 

   Have you heard of Beltznickel?  This morning at church quilt group, Beverley brought hers to show us.  She made it when she was working on a living history farm up north.  He is an 18th century Christmas character  and comes from the Pennsylvania German tradition. 

You can find out more at


No comments:

Post a Comment