Friday, November 18, 2011

More Lego Blocks


       I need some backing fabric before I can sandwich a large quilt project so I decided to work some on my Lego blocks.  This is my version using leftover 2 ½” strips and pieces.  I have 12 blocks pieced and still have many pieces left so this quilt will grow some more. 

       I took a break to stiffen snowflakes.  My 91 year old mother has recently finished crocheting 25 snowflakes.  The directions give 4 options for stiffening them.  I bought a bottle of  “Fabric Stiffener & Draping Liquid” at Joann Fabrics.  It is similar to white glue which was another one of the options suggested.  I had to dip a snowflake in the liquid ( I thinned it some), squeeze it out and pin it flat on foam board covered with plastic wrap.  I have only done half.  I thought I would see how these turn out before I do the rest and it takes LOTS of pins.  I’ll finish the others tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. My Mom made those snowflakes one year along with knitted red bells, covered the whole tree. I still have a few of the snowflakes and about 15 of the bells. I just love them.

    ReplyDelete