Saturday, November 5, 2011

Home from International Quilt Festival


    We left for Houston on Wednesday and arrived home this afternoon.  Two friends and I went to the International Quilt Festival for the first time. 

        I am tired and have some sore leg muscles but thought I would make a short post.  The convention center was a huge place and we did a lot of walking and standing.  There were almost 1000 vendors.  Many did not seem to be quilt related.  If I were an art quilter, perhaps I would appreciate the variety of “stuff” available. 

     We each took a different class.  I chose hand appliqué.  Here are some of my materials at 9 AM at the beginning of class. 

Here is my block at 5 PM at the end of class.  Notice all the pins in the ribbon star.  None is stitched down. 

 There is MUCH that has to be done before this block is complete.  I hope this is not headed to be another UFO.   That seems to be a big problem with taking classes.  Do you ever finish the project after you leave?

Tomorrow I will share some more about the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment