Tuesday, October 25, 2011

This and That


 
      We had 2 nice days at the GA Quilt Show.  I enjoyed shopping at the vendors and seeing the competition quilts.  I took a few photos but they are only supposed to be for personal use so I don’t think I should share any here.  They had a separate small exhibit of quilts by teachers (that you were not supposed to photograph). 
       They had another exhibit of quilts from the Alliance for American Quilts (that you were not supposed to photograph)  but you can check it out here: http://www.allianceforamericanquilts.org/ .  We watched as Jodie Davis interviewed a quilter for the Alliance.  It was interesting. 

    Monday I did not have time to sew during the day.  In the evening Quilt Mavens met so while enjoying the fellowship, I did some hand sewing on the binding for my sampler quilt for class. 

     This morning was GCQ charity sew day.  I took a few digital photos while members worked.  I have taken over the job of putting together the guild newsletter and I decided to also start a guild blog.  Several members have their own blogs so I hope they will occasionally post their experiences at guild events.  The blog is brand new but you can check it out here: http://gcquilters.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment