Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fantastic Fans - Border Fabric


Look what I found. I was in JoAnn Fabrics, not because I needed fabric, but because thread is on sale at 50% off.  I just happened to walk by a display of premium quilters’ cotton and a fabric caught my eye. It has so many of the colors I was hoping to find in a fabric for a border but I was not really looking.
       You may remember my Fantastic Fans (August 17th and 19th) quilt in progress from Charlotte Angotti’s workshop.  It needs more borders to be twin bed size so it has been on hold.  I was considering a wide border with appliquéd vines and Dresden type flower buds.  After I bought thread, I can home, got the quilt top and went back to the store with the top to see how the spied fabric would look with the top.  I think it’s a winner and will make a much easier and quicker finish for the quilt.  I still need to decide on exactly how to use it for the border but I feel great about today’s purchase.  I hope you get an idea from this photo which only shows a portion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment