Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sewing on Projects in Progress


     Today I have worked a little on several projects.  I added a double frame to the scrappy bargello so it now measures 40 by 58”.  I plan to piece more scrappy bargello for 14” border pieces.  When added, the top will measure 68 by 86” and fit a twin bed with a large drop. 

    I finished one Needlestar block.  When I look at it from a distance, it really looks good with the pattern repeating all around the center.  When I look closely, it is not so perfect but it is together.  I have a lot more of this fabric.  Do I want to make 8 more of these blocks?
     Tonight I teach the beginner sampler class.  They will be working on half-square triangle units and several blocks that can be made with them.  There are a large number.

No comments:

Post a Comment