Monday, September 19, 2011

Home from Ashe County Piecemakers Quilt Show


       I had a great time visiting my sister and her husband for the weekend and attending the quilt show in West Jefferson, NC. I am very proud of my sister’s work.  She is the one who inspired me to start quilting.  For this show Irene entered a large bed quilt,

a mixed technique large wall-hanging,

2 pieces of quilted clothing,


and 3 fiber art pieces ( 2 pins and a bowl).

 I did not take a photo of one art pin or the bowl but you can see she took home a lot of ribbons for her wonderful work.  
        I entered my brown crumb quilt.  The show was judged by Scott Murkin and he liked my crumb quilt.  It won Judge’s Choice.  I am very pleased and encouraged to do more crumb piecing. 

       If you are not familiar with Scott’s own work, you can check out some here.   
       The guild also had a challenge which my sister entered but I will show that piece tomorrow with more photos of other ribbon winning quilts from the show  

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you, Elizabeth, and your sister! Both of you are such talented ladies.

    ReplyDelete