Tuesday, August 23, 2011

UFO Work and Charity Sew Day

     Monday afternoon I finally pulled out another UFO to work on.  I had sewn 2 swirls from Cara Gulati's workshop in 2009 and had the freezer paper pattern drawn for the last swirl.  I had to rack my brain and examine the completed part to figure out what I needed to do.  Her technique uses freezer paper, glue stick and machine applique. A light box is also very useful for placement to match up the freezer paper pattern pieces.  Next I need to pick a background fabric and applique the swirls to that.  It feels good to have finished the swirls finally. 

   I also pieced 3 more sets of positive and negative batik blocks.  I think that makes enough for the quilt. 
  This morning was charity sew day for GCQ.  We had a great group and got a lot done.  Several ladies did not stay for lunch but 11 did.  I don't have any photos of the group or work.   When I got home, I pulled out a small church lap quilt top and quilted it.  It went very quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment