Monday, August 29, 2011

UFO # 7 Swirls Finished


     The year long challenge for the Greater Columbia Quilters has been wonderful for me because I am finally getting some of my many UFO’s finished and it feels great.  The quilting is finished and the binding is on my swirls wallhanging.  For the background quilting I used the free-motion Echo Shortcut from Leah Day  (  day-257-echo-shortcut  ) .  I found it very easy and I think it is the perfect design to go with the swirls.  Sorry the black on black stitching does not show up well in the photo. 

1 comment:

  1. You did a wonderful job photographing black on black. Elizabeth, I feel exactly the same about the guild's UFO Challenge. It is so much what I needed! I won't complete all of my UFO's this year, but I know I made much more progress than I would have otherwise. I am in the process of finishing up a quilt that was begun about 10 years ago. The time sure does fly by.

    ReplyDelete