Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Many Types of Sewing


    It is definitely July.  We either have a hot and steamy afternoon or a thunderstorm. For the past few days I have done many types of sewing.  I made a couple of clothing items for my granddaughter,  I’m making myself a new summer dress, and I also pieced a couple of UFO charity blocks whose pieces were donated. 
    For the July 4th holiday I enjoyed shopping the special fabric sales.  A friend and I found a terrific price on a selection of fabric we plan to use for comfort quilts for our church quilting group.  We were very pleased to only pay 85 cents per yard.  A couple of pieces are great quality so I did not understand why it was so inexpensive but I’m glad we got it.  Some pieces are better quality than others but none was bad.  I have spent several hours washing and ironing a lot of what we bought so it is ready to use.  There is still a pile to iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment