Saturday, July 30, 2011

Dealing with Scraps


     I have spent many hours the past week dealing with fabric scraps at home and at my church quilting group.  For the church group I felt frustrated by the growing pile of small pieces crammed into a bin.  I wanted to use them to piece crumb blocks but did not enjoy digging to find what I wanted to use.  So I pulled them all out.  Sorted them by shape, some by color family and pressed.  When I came home, I was motivated to tackle my own stash of scraps, plus the fact that next week I will be leading a crumb piecing party for my sister’s NC quilt guild charity sew day.  I was amazed at the stack of triangles I came up with.  They easily make half-square triangles and are also great for forming stars, flying geese, hearts and churn dash blocks.  


     In my organizing effort I came across a bag of scraps donated by a quilter in GA.  There were a few nine patches finished and many strips so I took the time to complete more and now have 20 which will be a good number for a small comfort quilt.  
 

1 comment:

  1. do you want some more scraps??? I have a box of hst's, different sizes.

    ReplyDelete