Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Little Work on Many Things

   I had a little fabric left from Mattie's dress so I decided to make a doll dress to match.  I have done that before.  I started sewing doll dresses a long time ago and the pattern I used today has a date of 1973.  I have a great collection of doll clothes patterns.
  
   For Easter doll and Mattie will be very cute.  

   Since I added the words to my brown crumb quilt, it has been bothering me so I UNsewed and took them out.  I might put them on the back.  I like the words but I think they were too structured.
 Last thing was to get a collection of appliques blocks ready for handwork.  I like to use freezer paper templates and spray starch.  I iron 2 layers of freezer paper together, cut the shape and iron it to the wrong side of the fabric.  Then I trim the fabric about 1/4" larger and brush the seam allowance with starch. I clip inside curves and points and use a hot iron to dry and turn the edges over the freezer paper.  After that I can take out the paper and pin the neat applique piece to the background ready to applique.  I'm ready to take along handwork for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment