Wednesday, March 2, 2011

3D Stars Class Practice

    Tuesday evening was 3D Star class.  Most of the ladies have made great progress on their quilt tops. It is fun to see the variety of fabrics they have chosen.  I’m sorry I did not take photos.  I will next week if the ladies don’t mind.   I demonstrated a construction step and then they practiced using fabric I provided.  They could keep their block and piece as a model; however, several shared them  to complete the class practice sample which I plan to give to a charity when finished.  Today I have done a little more work on it and am about ready to sew the last 2 rows on before finishing the borders.

     A friend loaned me a library copy of Karen McTavish’s Whitework Quilting.  I have done trapunto on 2 quilts but would like to do a whole cloth whitework quilt or some color trapunto.  That is another quilt or 2 on my list of quilts I WISH to make someday.   I love to spend hours looking at the designs and dreaming about what I would do. 
     Now back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment