Saturday, January 15, 2011

Playtime and A Little Work


I did need to take some time to clean and do some wash this morning.  Before cleaning the house and running an errand, I took time to play a little. 

 I pieced 8 chain link blocks using 16 different holiday fabrics.  These were very easy to piece and make an interesting design.  They are pieced totally from 2 1/2" strips to make a 10" finished block.   I’m still playing with layout to decide how I want to sew them into a table runner for next Christmas.  Here are 2 layouts I’ve tried.  I have plenty of time to decide so I’ll wait a bit. 
 
  
I also pieced another wonky little house that I like better than my first.  I also pieced the word LOVE.  I want to do some more free pieced words.  When I work on crumb blocks I usually like them to finish at 6”.  I don't know if I want to try to piece LOVE small enough so that all the letters will fit on the same line and yet still fit in a 6" finish block. 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. After seeing your chain link block I want to try it, Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete