Friday, January 28, 2011

One UFO Down

     I feel like I accomplished a lot today.  Mother's birthday quilt is finally finished. That is one UFO off my list.  Guests at her 90th birthday party in September wrote messages and signed blocks which make up the front. I used the same fabrics and more to piece blocks for the back.  Since the top and back were the same size, sandwiching was a little tricky to get the edges matching as close as possible. For the quilting I meandered and added in a few hearts.  I hope she will enjoy reading the messages people wrote as she uses her lap quilt. 
Front -Birthday messages

pieced alternate side

   My granddaughter requested some finger puppets so here are the ones I finished recently.  They are made from felt and sewn with a blanket stitch by hand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment